Wednesday 27 November 2013

HOLY SPIRIT-UNSUNG HERO

Lately I have been feeling immense gratitude for the Holy Spirit, for just how much the Spirit does for us daily.  First of all, it is the Spirit that brings anyone into the church.  It is the Spirit that testifies the Truth of the church, and the Gospel.  We are filled with an overwhelming sense of joy that is just not of this earth.  I know as I feel the Spirit I feel such a sweet happiness that feels like Christmas.  A friend and I were saying how much the Spirit feels like Christmas and so we get to experience that sweet, innocent, pure, happy, peaceful feeling of Christmas daily, where most people only get to experience this once a year.  The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is like Christmas.  

I so appreciate all that the Spirit does for us.  We are constantly guided to what we need and our good desires, we are guided away from dangers.  We are filled with the Truth.  Also, the Holy Spirit really disintegrates the spiritual fog that we live in when we don't have the Spirit.  The Holy Spirit gives us incredible clarity, where we can see so clearly.  As I mentioned in my last blog post, I was given incredible revelation about the difference between the adversary's voice and the Spirit's voice.  

With the Holy Spirit we are really given the ability to discern.  We can feel if the Spirit is with us, or with drawing based on what we are partaking in.  The more we partake in the things of Spirit the more sensitive we become to it, and know when we are filled with it, or when its with drawing.  There is no happiness like being filled with the Spirit.  This is why we cry often when we feel it.  Its so edifying to our souls, and nothing compares.  I do know that this happiness is what all souls long for.  That is the reason people use drugs, alcohol and other addictions trying to feel this kind of happiness.  Of course using outside substances is a very poor substitute and in no way is even close to the joy of the Spirit.  There really is no greater happiness.  

Nothing can be a substitute.  I know what its like to live with the Spirit, and with out it.  The sad thing is when one is use to living with out the Holy Spirit, we don't even realize what we are missing, until we feel it again.  I am so fortunate that I have the Holy Spirit as my constant companion.  

We are so fortunate that anyone can have this, if they are willing to get baptized by water first then by the Spirit second.  In scripture this is referred to as the "gift of the Holy Spirit" and I totally get now why its considered a gift.  We are so privileged to have this Spirit in our lives, with in us.  It is a gift to receive this.  We get to experience a bit of heaven through the Holy Spirit, and this makes living on the earth absolute bliss.  Also, I know for me it makes me really want to do all I can to get back home to Heaven, so I can experience this all the time, and live 24/7 in this kind of happiness after I leave the earth.  So thank-you Holy Spirit!  Bless you for all that you do.  In the Name of Jesus Christ Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment